Job aggregation via XML and RSS
From Job Board Software Support
Configuration of aggregator tool has two steps:
- Step I. creation of template based on XML structure of job feed
- Step II.activation of jobs import from XML feed to specific employer account
I.1. Navigate job board software admin
Site Settings: Tools: Jobs XML Aggregator
Please note: Jobs XML Aggregator module might not be activated for your job board software configuration.
I.2. List of source XML / RSS templates:
I.3. Copy and paste XML or RSS sample into the field. There should be at least full 2 jobs and XML/RSS should have correct structure i.e. all open tags (like <jobs>) are properly closed (like </jobs>).
I.4. Edit / add new source format and map to your job board fields:
- Vacancy path is taken from XML structure of tags
- Fields table - matching between XML tags and job board fields
- Required - jobs will not be imported is these fields are empty
- Unique - define at least one unique field so jobs do not duplicate
- Match is needed to correctly map fields with lists like Industry or Job Type
- Items delimiter can be specified if more then one Industry needs to be mapped.
Now template is configured.
II.1. Open Employer account to add XML / RSS source and configure jobs aggregation settings. Run manual scrape or set up automated updates.
II.2. List of sources available for employer (multiple sources can be used for single Employer account):
II.3. Add source / edit source details:
will replace Employer jobs by those extracted from most recent feed update.