Launching a job board on live domain
From Job Board Software Support
1. Contact your JobMount account manager to:
- 1.1. Advise on domain(s) you wish to launch new job board on (JobMount server will be configured to welcome new domain and open your newly created job board);
- 1.2. Obtain server IP address to point your domain to.
- 1.3. Confirm date to make website live with your JobMount account manager (Mon - Thur are preferable launch days for getting timely support on post-launch issues).
2. Login to Domain Management section of the domain registrar website (i.e. Register.com, GoDaddy.com).
3. Open your domain settings and Edit ”A” Record
4. Supply new IP address for 2 records: www.your_domain.com and your_domain.com
5. Review and confirm updated settings:
6. Allow 12 to 24 hours for new IP to become active for all visitors.
7. In order to improve email delivery stability please also create SPF record (See more details re SPF below). Adding this record to domain will decrease rate of tagging sent emails of project (notifications and alerts) from our servers as spam.
for US projects @ TXT "v=spf1 ip4:184.108.40.206/29 ip4:220.127.116.11 mx a ?all" for UK projects @ TXT "v=spf1 ip4:18.104.22.168 ip4:22.214.171.124/28 mx a ?all"
7.1 DomainKeys Identified Mail ([DKIM]http://www.dkim.org/)
Adding this record to domain will decrease rate of tagging sent emails of project (notifications and alerts) from our servers as spam.
mail._domainkey TXT "v=DKIM1; k=rsa; t=s; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCehDXUPbJHQjZE+zk7CsuK1HtiSaJDmoWjg0YXGvgPI6Rm48HYU7OUCQAlZ7f+bRtaYlfQXr4ZU23/86u6x7Q9dJPL6LLgmOI2TasdJJPDM7RkdrvBLDNoY+0Rea9d0vTPkR5m4RSYG0kqOuOOb9eRqfSwclXFSLwZAWhKhCEKCwIDAQAB"
Add this record to your domain and notify your manager.
8. Next steps
A Record and TXT record
- Address Record or IP Address. Specifies the physical server address on the Internet that a user must connect to in order to open desired domain/website.
- Sender Policy Framework (SPF), as defined in RFC 4408, is an e-mail validation system designed to prevent e-mail spam by tackling source address spoofing, a common vulnerability. SPF allows administrators to specify which hosts are allowed to send e-mail from a given domain by creating a specific SPF record (or TXT record) in the public Domain Name System (DNS). Mail exchangers then use the DNS to check that mail from a given domain is being sent by a host sanctioned by that domain's administrators. 
- DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) lets an organization take responsibility for a message that is in transit. The organization is a handler of the message, either as its originator or as an intermediary. Their reputation is the basis for evaluating whether to trust the message for further handling, such as delivery. Technically DKIM provides a method for validating a domain name identity that is associated with a message through cryptographic authentication.
RE & Keywords
- Steps for going live
- How do I launch my website?
- How do I change IP address?
- Updating A record
- Changing name servers
- Launch new website