Find WYSIWYG editor window and click icon to open HTML / source code for editing:
See example: Inserting video via wysiwyg
This is applicable to every WYSIWYG editor window within your job board software (e.g. job description field on job postings, employer profile field on employer registration form, etc.)
Copy and paste from document file into WYSIWYG
Search results or job/resume details page is broken or parts of HTML are showing up on front end pages.
The issue might arise from hidden formatting added by MS Word and other editors to HTML.
Example of formatting viewable in HTML mode:
"left !important;border-left:rgb(0,0,0) 0px;padding-bottom:0px !important;line-height:14px "
- Use built-in clean up tool in Settings: Tools: Cleanup HTML
- Copy-paste the text into plain text mode editor (Notepad or DreamWeaver code window). Then copy-paste again into job board software WYSIWYG editor. Formatting will get lost (bold, italic, size, hyperlinks). These would need to be added manually.
- Or try the auto-replace feature of Notepad to simply cut off repetitive formatting bits.
- Use Dreamweaver menu feature to clean up Word formatting: Commands -> Clean Up Word HTML
- Text tip can be added near WYSIWYG field on job/resume form to advise users not to copy and paste from MS Word directly. Use “Text section” field type to add it to forms.